I'm a Halloween girl all the way. But, my favorite holiday is Thanksgiving! You can see my previous Thanksgiving post but who can argue with an entire day dedicated to food an total gluttony. It's really beautiful when you think about it. & I love me some gravy! On everything! To get your holidays started off on the right foot, I've compiled a list of some Christmas Classics you aren't going to want to miss this year!
Please note that not all movies pictures made it onto this list. Please don't hate me for teasing you. Please know they are all worth checking out. :D
Design with Ease
“I love smiling! Smiling's my favorite!” ~Elf
Welcome to Soul Care Sunday! This week, we are going to take a look at some holiday favorites
So, it's officially almost December which means I will officially start thinking about Christmas stuff now. Everybody is always surprised to find out I am not a Christmas person but the truth is I really don't love Christmas. Don't judge. I have my reasons. I love making and giving gifts but I get very overwhelmed very easily and sometimes I feel Christmas can push me over the edge a bit.
“Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas.” ~Christmas Vacation
It's the most wonderful time of the year!
But, being that Christmas crap is literally shoved down your throat every where you look from the moment it hits October. (In some cases, even September.) I'm usually forced to watch all of the "classics" every year so in the spirit of the season, I've compiled a list of our favorites this year. (Please note the sarcastic tone of this post as sometimes when I think I'm being funny or cheeky, it comes across as negative. These movies will make you smile, laugh, cry, all the good stuff!
(Also, unless specified otherwise, I'm probably referring to the original versions on this list.)
25 Christmas Movies to get you in the mood for the holidays...
1. Nightmare Before Christmas
2. Miracle on 34th Street
3. Bad Moms Christmas Movie
4. Die Hard (this one is Greg's pick, obvi)
5. Gremlins (if Die Hard is a Christmas movie, then so is this!!)
6. Mickey's Christmas Carol
8. A Harold & Kumar's 3D Christmas
9. Disney's Prep & Landing
10. Bad Santa (one of our top 3) We do not recommend Bad Santa 2. lol
11. Four Christmases
12. Home Alone
13. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
14. Ice Age Mammoth Christmas
15. The Muppet Christmas Carol
16. Elf (in our top 3)
17. Edward Scissorhands
18. Sound of Music (Not sure why this is always played at Christmas time, but I'll take it)
19. Dr Suess' How the Grinch Stole Christmas
20. The Grinch (w/ Jim Carrey)
21. Just Friends
22. The Polar Express
23. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (#1 of top 3)
24. It's A Wonderful Life
25. & because it's on tv for 24 hours straight via network cable, A Christmas Story
& if you want to carry on these shenanigans until New Years...
26. White Christmas
27. While you were sleeping
29. Bridget Jone's Diary
30. New Year's Eve
31. Pittbull's New Years Revolution
What are some of your Holiday Faves?
What do you love to watch during the holiday season? Do you watch Christmas movies at all or listen to Christmas music or boycott the whole thing? If yes (or no) why? I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts.